Locksmith that has the ability to hold a TS/SCI with a CI poly or full scope poly and installs, maintains, and repairs locks, key systems, safes and door hardware for a specified operating component. Interprets Master Keying Guide; uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the master key system while meeting customer requests.
- Installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices.
- Installs and repairs door hardware such as electric strikes and electrified hinges.
- Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
- Repair and/or gain access to GSA type safes.
- Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as required
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED; at least 1 – 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) by Associated Locksmiths of America.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks and hardware
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to interpret, implements, and maintain pre-defined master key systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to install, troubleshoots, and repairs both mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures
Multiple CONUS locations
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.