Do you have a passion for technology and innovation?
Are you looking for a company that invests in and values their employees?
Do you want to work for a company of tomorrow…today?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have the position you are looking for!
At Ariel Technologies, we exist to complete the mission! As the premier provider of enterprise security solutions, we help our IC, FedGov, and other clients achieve their mission and better service their customers. As a Security Systems Administrator II (that has the ability to obtain and hold a TS/SCI with a CI poly or full scope poly), you will be in a position that is responsible for the operation and maintenance of security networks, domain servers, workstations and databases supporting physical security systems as well as the systems for access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance. You will be an integral part of our team that builds trust by delivering innovative results that complete the mission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide application and system support for future builds and releases, to include after-hour, weekend and non-core hour support.
- Ensure equipment inventory is kept current.
- Create and follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule and clearly document results.
- Monitor and complete daily file processing, perform system backups, examine log files and resolve problems as necessary.
- Analyze system failures, replace or coordinate the replacement of failed equipment.
- Assist in the development of project plans, system concept of operations and briefings.
- Assist with coordinating project activities as appropriate with multiple Agency and IC components.
- Implement CM, documentation policies and other project programmatic directives.
- Provide system administration support to the system environments, including but not limited to deployed (operational), test and development environments.
- Provide system administration operations procedures, installation procedures, test procedures, build reports and support transition to operations build releases.
- Ability to install, configure, security harden, maintain, patch, back-up Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Ability to install, configure, administer and maintain MS Windows servers.
- Ability to create a baseline server image for deployment on other servers.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating and coordinating work among other systems administrators, software developers, systems engineering teams, mission engineering, management and customs.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal guidance/supervision and complete projects according to schedule and deadlines.
- Other duties as required.
Important skills, knowledge and abilities for this role:
- Excellent problem-solving skills, advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with networks, firewalls and switches are desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- Functional and technical experience in Windows (hardware and software).
- Experience in system administration of servers to include: installation, backups, patch maintenance, monitoring results, hardware/software installs, de-installs, upgrades and relocations to ensure no operational impacts occur.
- Basic computer skills (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc).
- Ability to supervise small teams to achieve objectives.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team environment.
Qualification and Experience:
We reserve the right to modify or revise job descriptions in part on in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by Federal, State or Local law.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Systems Management from an accredited college. Information Systems Technology is desired or equivalent work experience in related field.
- CompTIA Security+
- Minimum of five (5) years recent network configuration and management experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years related technical experience and applicable LENEL certification.