Ariel Technologies is looking for a qualified Security Technician / Locksmith to provide on-site maintenance for customer’s access control, intrusion systems and video surveillance systems. Also installs, maintains, and repairs lock and key systems.
This is an entry level position and no prior experience as a Locksmith or Security Technician needed. (Training will be provided)
- Interprets Master Keying Guide; uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the university’s master key system while meeting customer requests.
- Installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices.
- Service and repair GSA safes.
- Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
- Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing intrusion systems.
- Determine backup components to be maintained in stock.
- Train new users in operation of security system equipment.
- Service and inspect intrusion alarm, access control, digital video surveillance and related systems.
- Ability to walk clients thru step-by-step, hands-on use of security technologies.
- Perform routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the site manager.
- Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on intrusion systems by using testing equipment.
- Provide documentation of service and hours worked, document and complete reports of inventor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of low voltage electricity.
- Knowledge of company and customers policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Certification/Licensure Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) by Associated Locksmiths of America. – Desired, but will provide training.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Must understand basic electrical theory and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be organized and detail oriented.
- Computer knowledge (LAN/WAN) preferred
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated
- Dependable problem solver
- Lead by example
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up 50 pounds.
- Outdoor work (all seasons) required.