System Administrator Level I
Security Systems Administrator that has the ability to hold a TS/SCI with a CI poly. This position will require knowledge of security control systems and Microsoft Windows platforms.
Security Systems Administrator is responsible for operation and maintenance of security networks, domain servers, workstations and databases supporting physical security systems. Operations and maintenance of the systems for access control and intrusion detection and video surveillance systems.
- Provide application and system support for future builds and releases, to include after-hour, weekend, non-core hour support
- Ensure equipment inventory is kept current.
- Create and follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
- Monitor and complete daily file processing, perform system backups, examine log files, and resolve problems as necessary.
- Analyze system failures, replace or coordinate the replacement of failed equipment.
- Assist in the development of project plans, system concept of operations and briefings.
- Assist with coordinating project activities as appropriate with multiple Agency and IC components.
- Implement CM, documentation policies, and other project programmatic directives.
- Provide system administration support to the system environments, to include but not limited to deployed (operational), test, and development environments.
- Provide system administration operations procedures, installation procedures, test procedures, build reports, and support transition to operations build releases.
- Ability to install, configure, security harden, maintain, patch, back-up Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Ability to install, configure, administer and maintain MS Windows servers.
- Ability to create a baseline server image for deployment on other servers.
- Excellent problem solving skills, advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating and coordinating work among other system administrators, software developers, systems engineering teams, mission engineering, management and customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal guidance/supervision and complete projects according to schedule.
- Experience with networks, firewalls, and switches are desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- Other duties as required.
- Functional and technical experience in Windows (hardware and software).
- Experience in system administration of Servers to include: installation, backups, patch maintenance, monitoring results, hardware/software installs, de-installs, upgrades and relocations to ensure no operational impacts occur.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team environment.
- Associates degree in Information Systems Management, Information Systems Technology is desired or equivalent work experience in related field.
- CompTIA Security+
- Minimum of ten (10) years recent network configuration and management experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related technical experience & applicable LENEL certification.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
Multiple CONUS locations
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.